Norwich City loan watch: McCallum and Raggett meet in clash of League One promotion rivals
- Credit: Darren Quinton/Birmingham Live
There were Norwich City loanees on opposite sides of a League One promotion battle last night, when Coventry City hosted Portsmouth.
Left wing-back Sam McCallum played the full 90 minutes as Coventry emerged with a 1-0 victory, as did centre-back Sean Raggett for Pompey, with the defeat ending a nine-game winning streak in all competitions.
The win leaves City's January signing McCallum and the Sky Blues third and two points adrift of leaders Rotherham, with Portsmouth sixth and four points further back.
Elsewhere in the third tier, MK Dons drew 1-1 at mid-table Lincoln to go a fourth game unbeaten and up into 19th, 10 points clear of the bottom three.
City striker Carlton Morris started and went close with two efforts before being forced off with a knock with 10 minutes remaining, and midfielder Louis Thompson came on in the 66th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Icelandic midfielder Isak Thorvaldsson is still waiting to make his debut for Fleetwood however, remaining an unused substitute during a 1-0 win at Wycombe, with the visitors reduced to 10 men in the 68th minute due to former Norwich loanee Ched Evans seeing red.
In League Two, Canaries striker Mason Bloomfield made his first appearance in more than a month for Crawley, coming on in the 57th minute of a 2-1 loss at Crewe, with the hosts snatching a late winner.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
Swindon remain two points clear of Crewe at the top of the fourth tier thanks to a 1-0 win at Northampton, with Diallang Jaiyesimi starting and going close to a fourth goal of the campaign shortly before he was substituted in the 67th minute.
Left-back Caleb Richards is still waiting to make his debut for Yeovil and was not involved in a 3-0 defeat at Harrogate Town in the National League.
Central defender Akin Famewo will hope to be in Scottish Premiership action this evening, when St Mirren head to Livingston.