Norwich City loan watch: Morris on target and Oxborough in FA Cup action
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
It was an eventful night for Carlton Morris, as the Norwich City striker scored his third goal of the season for loan club Rotherham but also missed a penalty.
The 23-year-old, who is under contract at Norwich until 2021, played the full 90 minutes as the Millers won 3-2 at home to Doncaster in the EFL Trophy.
Morris played the full match and equalised with a tidy finish for the hosts in the 67th minute but missed a penalty soon after, only for Trevor Clarke to ensure Rotherham got the win.
It was a third goal of the season for the 2013 FA Youth Cup winner, in his 11th appearance of the campaign, helping to keep his loan side's hopes of qualification for the knockout stages alive.
Louis Thompson also completed an hour as Shrewsbury won 3-0 at home to Newcastle United Under-21s. The midfielder - similarly to Morris - is on his way back from long-term injury problems and being eased back into regular action at League One level.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City U21s' elimination from the Trophy was also confirmed, despite last week's 2-1 win at League Two side Crawley. Oxford held Portsmouth to a 2-2 home draw in Southern Group B, to confirm progress to the group stages for both League One clubs.
Elsewhere on Tuesday night, Canaries academy striker Anthony Spyrou was also in action, starting for Chesterfield but coming off at half-time of a 3-1 win at Fylde in the National League.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
There was FA Cup action for goalkeeper Aston Oxborough, keeping a clean sheet as Wealdstone won 4-0 at home against Bristol Manor Farm in a third qualifying round replay - with former Norwich trainee defender Michee Efete scoring.
The Stones, who are top of National League South after 12 matches, will now travel to National League side Maidenhead United in the final qualifying round - with the prospect of facing EFL teams in the first round proper up for grabs.
- You can see Morris' goal for Rotherham in the video above