Norwich City midfielder Graham Dorrans agrees Rangers switch
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Graham Dorrans is expected to complete his move to boyhood club Rangers within the next 48 hours for a fee in the region of £800,000.
City have finally thrashed out a deal with the Glasgow club, after a protracted chase this summer. The Ibrox outfit previously tabled a derisory offer far lower than widespread reports of a £1.5m deal, but the Daily Record report on Tuesday afternoon the clubs have now agreed on an £800,000 switch.
Dorrans is expected to travel to Scotland to finalise personal terms and undergo a medical on a three-year contract in the coming days, with Rangers in Europa League action later on Tuesday.
The 30-year-old had been a top target for Pedro Caixinha this summer as he sets about closing the gap to champions Celtic.
The Portuguese coach has already signed eight players but the Scotland international is seen as a key signing.
The midfielder has scored nine goals in 67 games, since initially joining on loan from West Brom in 2015 and had a pivotal role in the squad that secured Championship promotion via the play-offs in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
He scored six goals in 24 games last season, but missed the best part of three months after injuring his knee in a 3-1 league defeat at Reading on Boxing Day.
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level