Norwich City midfielder Graham Dorrans agrees Rangers switch
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Graham Dorrans is expected to complete his move to boyhood club Rangers within the next 48 hours for a fee in the region of £800,000.
City have finally thrashed out a deal with the Glasgow club, after a protracted chase this summer. The Ibrox outfit previously tabled a derisory offer far lower than widespread reports of a £1.5m deal, but the Daily Record report on Tuesday afternoon the clubs have now agreed on an £800,000 switch.
Dorrans is expected to travel to Scotland to finalise personal terms and undergo a medical on a three-year contract in the coming days, with Rangers in Europa League action later on Tuesday.
The 30-year-old had been a top target for Pedro Caixinha this summer as he sets about closing the gap to champions Celtic.
The Portuguese coach has already signed eight players but the Scotland international is seen as a key signing.
The midfielder has scored nine goals in 67 games, since initially joining on loan from West Brom in 2015 and had a pivotal role in the squad that secured Championship promotion via the play-offs in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
He scored six goals in 24 games last season, but missed the best part of three months after injuring his knee in a 3-1 league defeat at Reading on Boxing Day.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round