Norwich City miss out on Trophy bye
Norwich City will go into the Johnstone's Paint Trophy draw for the first time on August 15. Bryan Gunn's men missed out on a bye yesterday when 16 clubs were awarded places in the second round - a process decided by an internal draw at Football League HQ - leaving the rest to fight it out during the first week in September.
Norwich City will go into the Johnstone's Paint Trophy draw for the first time on August 15.
Bryan Gunn's men missed out on a bye when 16 clubs were awarded places in the second round - a process decided by an internal draw at Football League HQ - leaving the rest to fight it out during the first week in September.
City are in the Southern Section East, along with Barnet, Brentford, Colchester, Dagenham & Redbridge, Gillingham, Millwall and MK Dons.
Johnstone's Paint Trophy brand manager Tom Newton said: "The Johnstone's Paint Trophy is looking forward to Norwich City's participation in the competition in the forthcoming weeks. As a huge club with a massive fan base, we are excited about seeing the team in action and would like to wish them all the best."
You may also want to watch:
The first round draw will take place on Sky's Sports 1's Soccer AM programme on Saturday, August 15, and will be split into four sections:
Northern Section West: Accrington, Bury, Carlisle, Crewe, Morecambe, Oldham, Stockport and Walsall. Northern Section East: Bradford, Burton Albion, Chesterfield, Darlington, Huddersfield, Lincoln, Rochdale, Rotherham. Southern Section, West: Bournemouth, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham, Hereford, Northampton, Torquay, Wycombe, Yeovil. Southern Section East: Barnet, Brentford, Colchester, Dagenham & Redbridge, Gillingham, Millwall, MK Dons, Norwich.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley
- 10 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
Ties to be played in the week beginning August 31.
The clubs awarded byes are:
Northern Section: Grimsby, Hartlepool, Leeds, Macclesfield, Notts County, Port Vale, Shrewsbury and Tranmere.
Southern Section: Aldershot, Brighton, Charlton, Exeter, Leyton Orient, Southampton, Southend and Swindon.