Norwich City notch up more records
The Canaries chalked up more records with their 3-0 win at Bristol Rovers. Victory took them to 95 points, their highest tally in a season, taking them past the 94 secured by Nigel Worthington's Nationwide League title winners of 2003-04.
The Canaries chalked up more records with their 3-0 win at Bristol Rovers.
Victory took them to 95 points, their highest tally in a season, taking them past the 94 secured by Nigel Worthington's Nationwide League title winners of 2003-04.
It was also their 29th victory of the season, beating the 28 recorded by Worthington's team six years ago.
Beating Rovers also gave Paul Lambert's team their 12th away win, two higher than the previous best, also set in 2003-04.
You may also want to watch:
And goalkeeper Fraser Forster recorded his 18th clean sheet of the league season, which means he goes into the final game at home to Carlisle with the chance to equal Kevin Keelan's record of 19 set in 1974-75 - though that was in a 42-match season.
Skipper Grant Holt has already become the first player to score 30 goals for City in all competitions since 1963-64. And with Chris Martin scoring his 23rd of the season at Bristol Rovers, City have two players on 20-plus for the first time since 1974-75.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 8 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return