Opposition view: Question of survival as Wigan teeter on the brink ahead of City clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Wigan fan Adam Pendlebury is in the hot seat ahead of Norwich City’s lunchtime date at Wigan.
The Latics are a points above the drop zone with some tough games to come – do you think you will survive?
I agree that the run-in is tough but there are points to be had, especially at home. Add to that the fact the performance level hasn’t really dropped and I think we will just about survive.
Reading held City in midweek – was that good from your point of view ahead of Sunday or is it a case of beware the wounded animal?
I think it shows that even a fearless Norwich can get a bit edgy as the finishing line approaches. We need to come out all guns blazing and score early to test that resolve.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday at noon in Wigan – any sympathy for visiting fans?
Yes of course, it’s an extremely early start, but I must congratulate Norwich on selling out their allocation in spite of this. Fantastic support!
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 7 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 8 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
Did you expect to see Norwich at the top of the table with four games to go?
No – I didn’t perceive Norwich as a side who would be at the top of the league for a large part of the season and until very recently I thought that they would drop out of the promotion picture. That said, very well done and very well deserved if they do, as I expect, get over the line.
Who do you expect to be City’s danger man on Sunday?
Teemu Pukki – clinical finisher but also a very good work ethic and smart footballing brain.
And who should City be looking out for?
Reece James – One of Wigan’s best ever players (on loan from Chelsea). A huge future awaits the young star.
And finally, a score prediction please?
Honours even – I’m going to go for a 1-1 draw.
• You can follow all the action, analysis and reaction from the DW Stadium in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• And make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents