Opposition view: Question of survival as Wigan teeter on the brink ahead of City clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Wigan fan Adam Pendlebury is in the hot seat ahead of Norwich City’s lunchtime date at Wigan.
The Latics are a points above the drop zone with some tough games to come – do you think you will survive?
I agree that the run-in is tough but there are points to be had, especially at home. Add to that the fact the performance level hasn’t really dropped and I think we will just about survive.
Reading held City in midweek – was that good from your point of view ahead of Sunday or is it a case of beware the wounded animal?
I think it shows that even a fearless Norwich can get a bit edgy as the finishing line approaches. We need to come out all guns blazing and score early to test that resolve.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday at noon in Wigan – any sympathy for visiting fans?
Yes of course, it’s an extremely early start, but I must congratulate Norwich on selling out their allocation in spite of this. Fantastic support!
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 9 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
Did you expect to see Norwich at the top of the table with four games to go?
No – I didn’t perceive Norwich as a side who would be at the top of the league for a large part of the season and until very recently I thought that they would drop out of the promotion picture. That said, very well done and very well deserved if they do, as I expect, get over the line.
Who do you expect to be City’s danger man on Sunday?
Teemu Pukki – clinical finisher but also a very good work ethic and smart footballing brain.
And who should City be looking out for?
Reece James – One of Wigan’s best ever players (on loan from Chelsea). A huge future awaits the young star.
And finally, a score prediction please?
Honours even – I’m going to go for a 1-1 draw.
• You can follow all the action, analysis and reaction from the DW Stadium in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• And make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents