Who is your Norwich City player of the season for 2018-19?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It’s that time of year when attentions turn to player-of-the-season voting and there’s plenty of competition within Norwich City’s successful squad. So who will you be voting for?
Although the official voting hasn’t been started by the Canaries, to decide this season’s winner of the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy, there has already been plenty of talk about this season’s award.
We opened up a player-of-the-season poll recently and it’s 25-goal top scorer Teemu Pukki leading the way so far with 57 percent of almost 1,000 votes.
Argentine attacker Emi Buendia sits second with 18pc, ahead of right-back Max Aarons (10pc) and central defender Christoph Zimmermann (9pc).
There is set to be more news on the awards front later this week as well, with the EFL Awards being held on Sunday night and Pukki nominated for Championship Player of the Season.
You may also want to watch:
Aarons is also in the running for the EFL Young Player of the Season, while the England U19 international, Finland star Pukki and left-back Jamal Lewis were all named in the Championship Team of the Season.
With Daniel Farke’s team sitting five points clear at the top of the table with seven matches remaining, it’s little surprise to see the Canaries competition heating up.
City’s official Player of the Season was won by James Maddison for 2017-18 ahead of his big-money move to Leicester, ahead of Scottish defender Grant Hanley as runner-up and on-loan keeper Angus Gunn in third.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
• Let us know who you’ll be voting for above