HAVE YOUR SAY: Who does Daniel Farke play in defence against Preston?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
With Ben Gibson and now Christoph Zimmermann facing a prolonged spell on the sidelines, Norwich City now only have one fit and available senior centre back in Grant Hanley.
Daniel Farke revealed that the towering German will likely miss the remainder of the season with a hamstring injury suffered in training during the recent international break.
Hanley played all three games for Scotland, and City are waiting anxiously for their captain to return to Colney and test negative for Covid-19 before they begin their ascent up to the north west.
If Hanley is fit, the discussion turns to who could partner him.
Andrew Omobamidele is City's only natural fit central defender but does lack senior experience.
The young Irish youth international has made a late substitute appearance for the Canaries this season and Farke has never been averse to handing opportunities to his young players.
If City's boss opts for more experience, then midfielders Jacob Sorensen and Alex Tettey could be under consideration.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
Sorensen has played at the back for Denmark's U20s and former club Esbjerg. The Dane has made 10 appearances in the heart of defence for his old employers.
Tettey has proved himself to be a dependable presence throughout his nine-year spell in Norfolk and was played at centre-back during pre-season prior to Gibson's arrival. Will Farke turn to his experienced midfielder to solve his defensive conundrum?
Or does Farke look to be more creative with his solution and cast Jordan Hugill in a 'Dion Dublin' like role? The powerful striker is certainly a handful aerially and would offer Norwich some physically in their backline.