Norwich City transfer rumours: City face competition from QPR in Hugill pursuit
- Credit: PA
Norwich City’s pursuit of Jordan Hugill persists but the Canaries may face competition from QPR amid reports that City are struggling to agree personal terms with the 28-year-old.
It is understood City’s mission to sign the West Ham striker remains active, but Football London’s Hammers correspondent Sam Inkersole is reporting that agreeing personal terms could be a major stumbling block in the Canaries chase for Hugill.
A fee of £5m has been reported, although it’s understood the deal wouldn’t see City depart with that amount of money initially, with various add-ons and clauses potentially taking the deal closer to that figure.
Football London’s report goes onto add that the Canaries won’t pay more than £2m for the 28-year-old - with add-ons taking the deal closer to £4m. The Hammers are said to be happy to accept £5m for the man they spent £8m on only two years ago.
City are in the market for a striker this window to offer further support to Teemu Pukki and young Adam Idah. Josip Drmic is believed to be surplus to requirements.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening Standard are suggesting that QPR remain keen on signing Hugill after the striker enjoyed a productive loan spell at Loftus Road last season, scoring 13 goals.
The Hoops have just bolstered their strikeforce with the addition of Livingston frontman Lyndon Dykes. The report suggests the Hammers are keen to include Hugill in a bid to sign winger Eberechi Eze, one of David Moyes’ top targets this window.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
Eze is highly-sought after following an impressive season for Mark Warburton’s side and Moyes is hopeful that including Hugill in any deal will help his side gain an advantage in the race to sign the 22-year-old.
Other unnamed Championship clubs are reported to have also displayed interest in Hugill - with City looking to complete their summer business by adding the former Preston striker to their ranks - alongside a central defender.
Ben Gibson has been linked with a move to Carrow Road and is the club’s preferred option, with a loan deal with an option to buy the defender should City gain promotion having been discussed with Burnley.
The Clarets may wait to see if a permanent offer comes in for the 27-year-old, who has been training with Neil Warnock’s Middlesbrough since January.