Quiz time: Spud tests your Canaries knowledge!
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Quiz master David ‘Spud’ Thornhill is back with the latest in our weekly Pink Un pub quizzes - which are sure to test even the most knowledgeable Norwich City supporters.
“On Wednesday it’ll be Norwich City’s 118th anniversary,” Spud explains. “Back in 2002 was the 100th anniversary of the club when many events celebrating the 100 years of Norwich City were held.
“That included myself having the great honour of refereeing the centenary game which was Norwich City legends v Harwich & Parkeston.
“The prestigious game to start the 2002-03 season was a 1-0 defeat to Dutch giants Ajax in a pre-season friendly. The season held a lot of promise following the previous season where we reached the play-off final. Following a great start, where we spent a long time in the top six, we finished just outside the play-offs.
“It was the South Stand’s last season before it was demolished to be replaced with the new South Stand the following season. It was a season where we saw players like Robert Green, Paul McVeigh and Adam Drury really shine, which ended with Drury getting Player of the Season.”
You may also want to watch:
This weeks questions are on the 2002/03 season, Drury’s career, significant moments in our 118 years and general knowledge.
We hope you enjoy the quiz - good luck and let us know how you get on, either in the comments section below or on social media. Tweet us at @pinkun.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City