City release young midfielder
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Charlie Gilmour has been released by Norwich City.
The young Scottish midfielder signed for the club following his departure from Arsenal in 2019 before spending the entirety of last season on loan at Dutch second division side SC Telstar.
Gilmour had a year remaining on the two-year contract he signed with the Canaries last summer.
The 21-year-old impressed in Holland but suffered a major injury that ruled him out of the final two games of the season. Gilmour’s relationship with Telstar boss Andries Jonker helped forge a ‘blossoming relationship’ between the two clubs.
City now have young duo Sebastian Soto and Dan Adshead on-loan at the Rabobank IJmond Stadion.
You may also want to watch:
Gilmour is now searching for his next club - with free agents eligible to sign for anyone despite the domestic transfer window closing on Friday.
The midfielder made two appearances for Arsenal in the Europa League in 2018. Both were late cameos in the Gunners 3-0 win over Ukrainian side Vorskla and their 1-0 victory over Azerbaijan top-flight side Qarabag.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round