City release young midfielder
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Charlie Gilmour has been released by Norwich City.
The young Scottish midfielder signed for the club following his departure from Arsenal in 2019 before spending the entirety of last season on loan at Dutch second division side SC Telstar.
Gilmour had a year remaining on the two-year contract he signed with the Canaries last summer.
The 21-year-old impressed in Holland but suffered a major injury that ruled him out of the final two games of the season. Gilmour’s relationship with Telstar boss Andries Jonker helped forge a ‘blossoming relationship’ between the two clubs.
City now have young duo Sebastian Soto and Dan Adshead on-loan at the Rabobank IJmond Stadion.
You may also want to watch:
Gilmour is now searching for his next club - with free agents eligible to sign for anyone despite the domestic transfer window closing on Friday.
The midfielder made two appearances for Arsenal in the Europa League in 2018. Both were late cameos in the Gunners 3-0 win over Ukrainian side Vorskla and their 1-0 victory over Azerbaijan top-flight side Qarabag.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 6 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 7 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 8 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 9 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return