City release young midfielder
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Charlie Gilmour has been released by Norwich City.
The young Scottish midfielder signed for the club following his departure from Arsenal in 2019 before spending the entirety of last season on loan at Dutch second division side SC Telstar.
Gilmour had a year remaining on the two-year contract he signed with the Canaries last summer.
The 21-year-old impressed in Holland but suffered a major injury that ruled him out of the final two games of the season. Gilmour’s relationship with Telstar boss Andries Jonker helped forge a ‘blossoming relationship’ between the two clubs.
City now have young duo Sebastian Soto and Dan Adshead on-loan at the Rabobank IJmond Stadion.
You may also want to watch:
Gilmour is now searching for his next club - with free agents eligible to sign for anyone despite the domestic transfer window closing on Friday.
The midfielder made two appearances for Arsenal in the Europa League in 2018. Both were late cameos in the Gunners 3-0 win over Ukrainian side Vorskla and their 1-0 victory over Azerbaijan top-flight side Qarabag.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 6 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 7 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race