Norwich City Reserves win
Stevenage Res 0, Norwich City Res 2: City Reserves marked their return to action after a three-month break with a comfortable win last night, with Tuesday night's goal hero Cody McDonald once again on the scoresheet.
Stevenage Res 0, Norwich City Res 2
City Reserves marked their return to action after a three-month break with a comfortable win last night, with Tuesday night's goal hero Cody McDonald once again on the scoresheet.
McDonald, who came off the bench at Walsall to net City's winner, started the game at the Lamec Stadium and, as early as the third minute, he was causing the Boro defence problems with a shot that cannoned off an upright.
It was the home side, however, who almost took the lead on 10 minutes with a shot that Paul McVeigh cleared off the line, with City keeper Declan Rudd well beaten.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes later McDonald opened the scoring with a shot beyond keeper Ashley Bayes after some good build-up play.
McDonald turned provider shortly after when he set up strike partner Danny Kelly but his shot was saved.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 2 City ace left out of Euro 2020 opener
- 3 ‘Definitely was not easy’ - City striker on distressing win
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 5 A-Z: Time for a clear-out at Burnley?
- 6 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 7 David Freezer: Perfect transfer strategy key to City's self-funded survival model
- 8 Norwich City fans get kit help as Pukkimania sparks dash for Euros shirt
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 'Pukki will be treated like Messi or Ronaldo''
City's second came three minutes before the break when Matthew Gill sent in a low cross that McVeigh caught first time to fire the ball beyond Bayes.
Though City failed to extend their advantage after the break Rudd was rarely troubled in the Canaries' goal.
Stevenage Res: Bayes, Laird, Odhambo, Albrighton, Griffin, Boylan, Odubade, Ryan, Sills, Maamria, Vinsenti. Subs Cornhill, Birri, Greene, Rayner.
Norwich Res: Rudd, Francomb, Wiggins, Whitbread, Stephens, Adeyemi, Gill, McVeigh, McDonald (Clarke 45), Kelly, McNamee (Dawkin 62). Subs not used: Steer, Gordon, Ball.