Norwich City Reserves win
Stevenage Res 0, Norwich City Res 2: City Reserves marked their return to action after a three-month break with a comfortable win last night, with Tuesday night's goal hero Cody McDonald once again on the scoresheet.
Stevenage Res 0, Norwich City Res 2
City Reserves marked their return to action after a three-month break with a comfortable win last night, with Tuesday night's goal hero Cody McDonald once again on the scoresheet.
McDonald, who came off the bench at Walsall to net City's winner, started the game at the Lamec Stadium and, as early as the third minute, he was causing the Boro defence problems with a shot that cannoned off an upright.
It was the home side, however, who almost took the lead on 10 minutes with a shot that Paul McVeigh cleared off the line, with City keeper Declan Rudd well beaten.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes later McDonald opened the scoring with a shot beyond keeper Ashley Bayes after some good build-up play.
McDonald turned provider shortly after when he set up strike partner Danny Kelly but his shot was saved.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
City's second came three minutes before the break when Matthew Gill sent in a low cross that McVeigh caught first time to fire the ball beyond Bayes.
Though City failed to extend their advantage after the break Rudd was rarely troubled in the Canaries' goal.
Stevenage Res: Bayes, Laird, Odhambo, Albrighton, Griffin, Boylan, Odubade, Ryan, Sills, Maamria, Vinsenti. Subs Cornhill, Birri, Greene, Rayner.
Norwich Res: Rudd, Francomb, Wiggins, Whitbread, Stephens, Adeyemi, Gill, McVeigh, McDonald (Clarke 45), Kelly, McNamee (Dawkin 62). Subs not used: Steer, Gordon, Ball.