‘Do not let this break become your Alex Neil moment...’ - City fans react to 3-0 Southampton defeat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have voiced their opinions on social media following the Canaries 3-0 defeat to Southampton on Friday evening.
Daniel Farke’s men returned to top-flight action after a three-month suspension of the division caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Supporters were forced to watch the game at home - with the Canaries playing behind closed doors for the first time in a competitive fixture.
Despite a positive start, City’s performance left plenty to be desired as Southampton dominated the transition and pressed City expertly.
Ralph Hassenhuttl’s side took the lead early in the second half - when Danny Ings profited from some questionable defending from City before curling his effort beyond Tim Krul and into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Just five minutes later, the Saints doubled their lead. Ings again was the protagonist, driving towards City’s exposed defence before offloading to Stuart Armstrong, who cut inside before dispatching his shot into the net.
City were looking beaten. Former Canaries winger Nathan Redmond added a third late on to rub salt into the wounds and ensuring City began the restart in a negative fashion.
- 1 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 6 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- Read the thoughts of City supporters above and below