'Absolute genius' - Vrancic takes the plaudits as 2,000 fans roar City to victory
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City were made to work for it, but the relief amongst the 2,000 supporters inside Carrow Road was palpable as the final whistle was blown.
Tony Pulis had his side organised and for 80 minutes, they executed a game plan designed to frustrate the Canaries to perfection.
Had it not have been for Mario Vrancic's brilliance - then City could have fallen down the table without a win in two matches. Given the added context of their injury crisis, the narrative would be somewhat different.
A first senior goal for Josh Martin and a winner from Max Aarons on his 99th appearance for the club ensured City came from behind to win. The victory ensures City return to the summit after Bournemouth beat Barnsley on Friday.
The win means City have recorded maximum points against Aitor Karanka's Birmingham City, Middlesbrough's Neil Warnock and Sheffield Wednesday's Tony Pulis.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City fans above and below
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit