Norwich City rumour mill: Canaries and Sheffield United looking at Watford mdifielder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City have been linked with a loan move for Watford midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah.
Reports claim that fellow Premier League newcomers Sheffield United are also interested.
Chalobah has slipped down the pecking order at Watford - the 24-year-old made only 13 appearances last season, due in large part to the form of Etienne Capoue and Abdoulaye Doucoure which gave him few opportunities to impress manager Javi Gracia.
Chalobah joined Watford two years ago for £5m from Chelsea having enjoyed a successful loan spell at Vicarage Road during the 2012/13 campaign.
The Canaries are unlikely to shell out big money for a permanent deal, with head coach Daniel Farke stressing he is happy with his squad.
You may also want to watch:
"No I don't think we will sign any players. We will stay awake if there is a different option but I am totally happy with the number of bodies," he said, speaking on Friday afternoon.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 5 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 7 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 8 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 9 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return