Norwich City rumour mill: Canaries and Sheffield United looking at Watford mdifielder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City have been linked with a loan move for Watford midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah.
Reports claim that fellow Premier League newcomers Sheffield United are also interested.
Chalobah has slipped down the pecking order at Watford - the 24-year-old made only 13 appearances last season, due in large part to the form of Etienne Capoue and Abdoulaye Doucoure which gave him few opportunities to impress manager Javi Gracia.
Chalobah joined Watford two years ago for £5m from Chelsea having enjoyed a successful loan spell at Vicarage Road during the 2012/13 campaign.
The Canaries are unlikely to shell out big money for a permanent deal, with head coach Daniel Farke stressing he is happy with his squad.
You may also want to watch:
"No I don't think we will sign any players. We will stay awake if there is a different option but I am totally happy with the number of bodies," he said, speaking on Friday afternoon.
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 7 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 8 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City
- 9 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 10 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief