Norwich City rumour mill: Canaries and Sheffield United looking at Watford mdifielder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City have been linked with a loan move for Watford midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah.
Reports claim that fellow Premier League newcomers Sheffield United are also interested.
Chalobah has slipped down the pecking order at Watford - the 24-year-old made only 13 appearances last season, due in large part to the form of Etienne Capoue and Abdoulaye Doucoure which gave him few opportunities to impress manager Javi Gracia.
Chalobah joined Watford two years ago for £5m from Chelsea having enjoyed a successful loan spell at Vicarage Road during the 2012/13 campaign.
The Canaries are unlikely to shell out big money for a permanent deal, with head coach Daniel Farke stressing he is happy with his squad.
You may also want to watch:
"No I don't think we will sign any players. We will stay awake if there is a different option but I am totally happy with the number of bodies," he said, speaking on Friday afternoon.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work