Norwich City's bid for Whaley accepted
Norwich City were today reported to have had a bid accepted for Preston winger Simon Whaley. Preston boss Alan Irvine revealed earlier this week that the Canaries had made an inquiry for the former Bury man.
Norwich City were today reported to have had a bid accepted for Preston winger Simon Whaley.
Preston boss Alan Irvine revealed earlier this week that the Canaries had made an inquiry for the former Bury man.
Sky Sports report that Preston have accepted an undisclosed offer for Whaley and he has been given permission to hold talks with City.
The player is now expected to travel to Scotland, where Bryan Gunn's men are on tour, to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.
“Simon is a player we are interested in and obviously we hope to speak to him in the not too distant future,” said Gunn yesterday. “If he likes what he hears and sees we would be confident of tying a deal up, but certainly it is in the early stages.
“It is one we have identified as an area that we need strengthening and Simon is a player that fits the bill for the style of play that we want to stick to and take into League One next season.”
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries after Blackburn midfielder
- 4 'That's changed the narrative' - City fans react to news of investment talks
- 5 Norwich City and investment - it's not always been good
- 6 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 7 'The focus now has to be on where the club goes from here' - Robin Sainty
- 8 City more together than some think - Webber
- 9 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
Initial reports suggested a possible swap deal with City midfielder Darel Russell, but Irvine said that was not ture.
Whaley, 24, has been left out of Preston's pre-season friendlies.