Norwich City’s Chris Martin joins Derby County on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City striker Chris Martin has joined Championship club Derby County on a 28-day emergency loan.
The Rams have brought in the 24-year-old as a replacement for Theo Robinson, who has joined fellow Championship club Huddersfield on loan until the end of the season.
Martin, making his second loan move of the season, is eligible for Derby’s game against Watford at Vicarage Road today.
Manager Nigel Clough said: “We’re pleased Chris has decided to join us and provide another option in attack.
“Initially Chris is here for a month and we’ll just take things from there.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin was not included in City manager Chris Hughton’s Premier League squad of 25 for the rest of the season.
“Chris has been unfortunate. He has a wonderful finishing ability but he has just found himself not getting the games here he would like,” said Hughton earlier this month.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 4 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 5 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Hanley a big fan of new City star
- 9 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 10 Iwan Roberts: 'That 45 minutes from Norwich City was plain ridiculous'
He made just three senior appearances for the Canaries this season before a loan spell at Swindon, where he scored once in 12 appearances, from a penalty.
The 24-year-old has scored 34 goals in 117 first team outings for City and is out of contract in the summer.
Martin’s last senior goal for the Canaries came against Derby in a 2-1 Championship victory at Pride Park in December 2010.
He spent much of last season on loan at Crystal Palace, where he scored seven times in 28 appearances.