Norwich City’s Jacob Butterfield ‘delighted’ with Crystal Palace loan move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Midfielder Jacob Butterfield says he is “delighted” with his latest loan move from Norwich City – after joining Crystal Palace.
Butterfield has joined the Championship side on an emergency loan deal until February 19. The 22-year-old could make his debut for Ian Holloway’s Palace in Saturday’s game at home to Bolton, the club with whom he has just spent two months on loan.
Butterfield told the Eagles’ website: “Palace have been trying to push it through for a while and have been waiting for Norwich to give permission so I’m delighted it’s been done now. I was impressed with the enthusiasm of the manager to get me to join the club and he made me believe he’s going to do well by me, so he was a big influence on coming.
“When I went to Bolton I really needed a loan spell to get some games. While I was there I played well and I’m starting to get back to the player that I was before my injury. I’m just looking to build on that again and really get back to the sort of form I know I’m capable of.”
Butterfield joined City from Barnsley, where he was out of contract, in July. The Canaries’ initial compensation offer was dismissed as derisory but the two clubs later agreed a fee that avoided the need for a tribunal.
You may also want to watch:
After nine months fighting to regain fitness from a knee injury, he featured in City’s Capital One Cup wins over Doncaster and Tottenham before joining Bolton on loan in November. He made eight Championship appearances for Bolton before returning to Norwich, appearing as a substitute in the 3-0 FA Cup win at Peterborough.
Butterfield’s potential debut will swiftly reacquaint him with Bolton – managed by former Palace boss Dougie Freedman.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 9 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 10 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate