Norwich City’s Korey Smith not going to re-join Yeovil
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City midfielder Korey Smith will not be returning to Yeovil Town having spent three months on loan at Huish Park at the end of last year.
The 21-year-old man impressed during his time at the club but is not in line to renew acquaintances with the Glovers after manager Gary Johnson suggested the midfielder did not want a full-time move.
Smith and Bristol City full-back Joe Edwards were two players Johnson admitted at the end of last year that he would like to see back in Somerset, with the latter since signing on full-time terms.
Whilst acknowledging that Yeovil’s board of directors would always sanction a transfer if the budget allowed, Johnson added that Smith was no longer on his list of targets.
He said: “I find out if players want to really be here when it comes to making full-time signings. I can tell you now that I don’t feel Korey Smith was up for it enough. I think he was looking at other places, which is fair enough and I understand that.”
You may also want to watch:
“Then you have one or two that absolutely want to be here and they are the ones I am trying to bring in. I have brought two in that slid under the radar in Matt Dolan and Kevin Dawson.
“I have still got faith in most of the boys here, we just have to work out if we can build on it so when your best defender, midfielder or striker is injured you can replace him with somebody as good. That’s not always the case.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 7 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
“When we have got your best team out there we know we have got a top team, we just need a top squad now.”