Norwich City's league win joy
Lewes 0, Norwich City Ladies 1A very relieved Norwich City Ladies, despite a depleted squad, finally played their first SE Combination fixture since October.
Lewes 0, Norwich City Ladies 1
A very relieved Norwich City Ladies, despite a depleted squad, finally played their first SE Combination fixture since October.
They returned from the south coast with three welcome points despite having a team without six first-team regulars.
The game's only goal was scored by Chelsea Garrett, set up by Connie Bishop, who was making her first-team debut.
You may also want to watch:
Connie is part of this season's U16 Norwich City Girls' Centre of Excellence while another girl from the centre, Jordan Arnoup, also came on to make her debut just after half time.
City have not been able to play a league fixture since last autumn because of the bad weather and their excellent run in the Women's FA Cup and continued presence in the County Cup.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
Playing catch-up with the fixtures, Norwich are currently sixth in the table but are just two points behind third-placed Lewes despite having played five games fewer.