Norwich City’s promotion campaign pulls in one million
Thanks a million! Total attendances for Norwich City’s promotion campaign have reached seven figures.
The Canaries’ 46 Championship matches attracted crowds totalling 1,003,308 – the first time gates for their league programme have topped the million mark since the Premiership season of 2004-05.
Saturday’s game against Coventry at Carrow Road pulled in 26,268 fans and took total attendances for City’s 23 home games to 583,886 at an average of 25,386, the highest league average at Norwich since 1972-73. The 23 away games brought gates totalling 419,422.
The million-plus figure is an increase on the total of 963,767 for the previous Championship season of 2008-09 and last season in League One, when 46 games attracted 794,327.
City had seven home gates of more than 26,000, the biggest of which was 26,532 against Ipswich Town in November, the highest attendance at Carrow Road since 1984.
You may also want to watch:
Biggest gate away from home was 31,601 for the game at Leeds in February, with 29,258 at Portman Road for the return derby fixture last month.
Attendances at City’s 49 matches in all competitions, including two Carling Cup games and the FA Cup third round tie against Leyton Orient, totalled 1,043,698.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
City’s 38 Premiership games in 2004-05, home and away, were watched by crowds totalling 1,122,797.
• For full statistics on City’s memorable campaign, see Friday’s 48-page review of the season, “We are Premier League”.