Norwich City’s promotion campaign pulls in one million
Thanks a million! Total attendances for Norwich City’s promotion campaign have reached seven figures.
The Canaries’ 46 Championship matches attracted crowds totalling 1,003,308 – the first time gates for their league programme have topped the million mark since the Premiership season of 2004-05.
Saturday’s game against Coventry at Carrow Road pulled in 26,268 fans and took total attendances for City’s 23 home games to 583,886 at an average of 25,386, the highest league average at Norwich since 1972-73. The 23 away games brought gates totalling 419,422.
The million-plus figure is an increase on the total of 963,767 for the previous Championship season of 2008-09 and last season in League One, when 46 games attracted 794,327.
City had seven home gates of more than 26,000, the biggest of which was 26,532 against Ipswich Town in November, the highest attendance at Carrow Road since 1984.
You may also want to watch:
Biggest gate away from home was 31,601 for the game at Leeds in February, with 29,258 at Portman Road for the return derby fixture last month.
Attendances at City’s 49 matches in all competitions, including two Carling Cup games and the FA Cup third round tie against Leyton Orient, totalled 1,043,698.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 8 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
City’s 38 Premiership games in 2004-05, home and away, were watched by crowds totalling 1,122,797.
• For full statistics on City’s memorable campaign, see Friday’s 48-page review of the season, “We are Premier League”.