Norwich City’s trip to Ipswich to be screened live by Sky TV
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s East Anglian derby clash with old rivals Ipswich Town will be screened live on Sky TV.
The pair meet at Portman Road in a noon kick-off on Sunday, October 22 – the first taste of the Old Farm derby for City’s head coach Daniel Farke.
It is one of a raft of derby matches up and down the country that Sky have revealed will be shown live.
City hold local bragging rights having been unbeaten in derby clashes with the old enemy in their last eight meetings, dating back to November, 2010.
Both matches last season ended all square at 1-1, although City won three of the four games played in the 2014-15 campaign which ended in a play-semi-final success over Town as the Canaries headed into the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
However, Town are enjoying a much more comfortable start to the new season than City: they are second in the Championship table, with four wins from five games, while City are just three places off the bottom, having won only once in five league fixtures.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 7 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 10 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders