Norwich City’s trip to Ipswich to be screened live by Sky TV
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s East Anglian derby clash with old rivals Ipswich Town will be screened live on Sky TV.
The pair meet at Portman Road in a noon kick-off on Sunday, October 22 – the first taste of the Old Farm derby for City’s head coach Daniel Farke.
It is one of a raft of derby matches up and down the country that Sky have revealed will be shown live.
City hold local bragging rights having been unbeaten in derby clashes with the old enemy in their last eight meetings, dating back to November, 2010.
Both matches last season ended all square at 1-1, although City won three of the four games played in the 2014-15 campaign which ended in a play-semi-final success over Town as the Canaries headed into the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
However, Town are enjoying a much more comfortable start to the new season than City: they are second in the Championship table, with four wins from five games, while City are just three places off the bottom, having won only once in five league fixtures.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City