Norwich City’s trip to Reading selected for live Sky Sports coverage and 5.30pm kick-off
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have their first live date of the season – but they will have to wait until the end of September for it to arrive.
The Canaries’ EFL Championship trip to last season’s beaten play-off finalists Reading has been put back a few hours, so the game at the Madejski Stadium can be shown live on Sky Sports.
It means the clash will now take place at 5.30pm on Saturday, September 30.
The Royals are likely to be after some sort of revenge, following their 7-1 drubbing at Carrow Road towards the end of last season – while the fixture has tended to bring goals at either ground in recent seasons.
The two clubs have also done a bit of transfer window sparring this summer, although speculation linking Reading with an £8m move for City striker Nelson Oliveira was soon quashed.
You may also want to watch:
City will take on the Saturday trip following what looks set to be a difficult Tuesday evening trek to Middlesbrough and a reunion with former midfielder Jonny Howson – before welcoming another relegated Premier League side in Hull, to Carrow Road the following Saturday.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City