Norwich City’s trip to Reading selected for live Sky Sports coverage and 5.30pm kick-off
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have their first live date of the season – but they will have to wait until the end of September for it to arrive.
The Canaries’ EFL Championship trip to last season’s beaten play-off finalists Reading has been put back a few hours, so the game at the Madejski Stadium can be shown live on Sky Sports.
It means the clash will now take place at 5.30pm on Saturday, September 30.
The Royals are likely to be after some sort of revenge, following their 7-1 drubbing at Carrow Road towards the end of last season – while the fixture has tended to bring goals at either ground in recent seasons.
The two clubs have also done a bit of transfer window sparring this summer, although speculation linking Reading with an £8m move for City striker Nelson Oliveira was soon quashed.
You may also want to watch:
City will take on the Saturday trip following what looks set to be a difficult Tuesday evening trek to Middlesbrough and a reunion with former midfielder Jonny Howson – before welcoming another relegated Premier League side in Hull, to Carrow Road the following Saturday.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul