Norwich City's Tudur Jones in talks with Plymouth
Norwich City midfielder Owain Tudur Jones is in talks with League One side Plymouth Argyle about a possible loan move to Home Park. The Welsh international joined the Canaries last summer and has made six appearances in all competitions, scoring one goal.
Norwich City midfielder Owain Tudur Jones is in talks with League One club Plymouth Argyle over a possible loan move - after scoring for the Pilgrims in a friendly last night.
The 25-year-old, on trial, scored in an 8-0 thrashing of Saltash at Kimberley Stadium, but it was not easy for manager Peter Reid to assess his contribution in such a one-sided game.
Tudur Jones has rarely figured in the City first team since Paul Lambert's arrival almost a year ago and a move away from Carrow Road was always on the cards, especially given the manager's summer recruitment drive. He was signed last summer from Swansea for �250,000 by former boss Bryan Gunn but made just six senior appearances last season.
He was in the side that lost 7-1 at home to Colchester on the opening day of last season but his only other league start was at Brentford on the day that Lambert was announced as the new manager.
You may also want to watch:
He scored with a free-kick in the final minute, but it was his only goal for City, and after making appearances in the Carling Cup, FA Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy, he joined Yeovil for a spell on loan.
Lambert has signed three new midfielders this summer and Tudur Jones' main involvement in pre-season matches has been as a central defender.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City