Norwich City sign Exeter's Matt Gill
Norwich City have signed midfielder Matt Gill from League One rivals Exeter City. The 28-year-old's contract with Exeter expires at the end of this month and he has agreed to sign for Norwich in a two-year deal from July 1.
Norwich City have signed midfielder Matt Gill from League One rivals Exeter City.
The 28-year-old's contract with Exeter expires at the end of this month and he has agreed to sign for Norwich in a two-year deal from July 1.
The 5ft 11in former Fakenham High School pupil and Old Catton Juniors player made 164 appearances in all competitions for Exeter, scoring 14 goals.
After playing in the Devon side's 1-0 Blue Square Premier Play-off Final triumph in 2008, the 28-year-old played a key role in their promotion to League One this season, having finished runners-up to Brentford.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City boss Bryan Gunn told the club's official website: "The winning mentality of a player who has been with a club which has enjoyed success for the last two seasons was very important to me.
"Matt has experience at this level with other clubs and he's a very competitive player - but he's also a player who likes to pass the ball and I believe the Norwich fans will take to him due to the way he plays, the attitude and commitment he shows.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
"He's a Norwich lad born and bred and he is desperate to pull on the yellow and green jersey and do well for Norwich City."