Norwich City sign Forster on loan
Norwich City have signed Newcastle goalkeeper Fraser Forster on a one-month emergency loan deal. The 21-year-old has been on loan with Bristol Rovers since the beginning of the season and also had a spell with Stockport last season.
Norwich City have signed Newcastle goalkeeper Fraser Forster on a one-month emergency loan deal.
The 21-year-old has been on loan with Bristol Rovers since the beginning of the season and also had a spell with Stockport last season.
After 14 reserve appearances during 2006-07, Forster earned a two-year pro contract at St James' Park.
He was on the bench for United's UEFA Cup match in Frankfurt in November, 2006 and was in the Newcastle squad for a number of Premier League games.
You may also want to watch:
After good performances in the reserves throughout 2007-08, he signed a new deal keeping him in Newcastle until 2010.
Forster joined Stockport for a one month loan spell in October 2008 - making his senior debut in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Bury. He subsequently made six League One appearances for County, keeping three clean sheets.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
This season he joined Rovers on a one-month deal, which has now ended and enables him to come to Carrow Road after making four appearances and keeping two clean sheets for Paul Trollope's side.