Norwich City sign Gow from Rangers
Norwich City have signed Alan Gow from Rangers on loan for the rest of the season. Gow is flying down from Edinburgh to Birmingham to join his new teammates for Tuesday night's clash with Wolves but international clearance will be required before the 26-year-old forward is available to go into City's squad.
Norwich City have signed Alan Gow from Rangers on loan for the rest of the season.
Gow is flying down from Edinburgh to Birmingham to join his new teammates for Tuesday night's clash with Wolves but international clearance will be required before the 26-year-old forward is available to go into City's squad.
Bryan Gunn told the club's official website: "I'm delighted to secure Alan on loan until the end of the season as there were a lot of other clubs looking to sign him.
"Alan has already played in the Championship for Blackpool this season so he knows the level and the standard down here. He can play in a variety of positions so that will be important to us with 16 games to go. It will be interesting to see how he combines with Chris Killen from his Old Firm rivals Celtic."
You may also want to watch:
Six-foot Gow, who can play either central midfield, on the wing or up-front, began his career at Clydebank in 2000, making eight appearances in total. In August 2002 he transferred to Airdrie United, appearing 98 times and scoring 26 goals.
In June 2005, Gow moved to Falkirk, making 81 appearances, scoring 17 times.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 9 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
The midfielder made his debut for Scotland 'B' against Finland as a substitute in a 2-2 draw in February 2007 and scored their second goal of the game.
Gow joined Rangers in July 2007, the team he supported as a boy, but chances in the first-team have been limited with him making just two appearances in Scottish cup competitions so far.
After speculation linking him to the Canaries in the summer the Scot joined Championship Blackpool on loan in September, making 17 appearances in total and scoring 5 goals for the Seasiders.