Norwich City sign Martin and McNamee
Russell Martin and Anthony McNamee have joined Norwich City on a permanent basis - both for undisclosed fees and on two-and-a-half year contracts. Both players joined the Canaries in emergency loan deals at the end of November - Martin making seven starts and McNamee two substitute appearances so far.
Russell Martin and Anthony McNamee have joined Norwich City on a permanent basis - both for undisclosed fees and on two-and-a-half year contracts.
Both players joined the Canaries in emergency loan deals at the end of November - Martin making seven starts and McNamee two substitute appearances so far.
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert told the club's official website he was delighted to bring the players to Carrow Road: "In Russell's case he's done great for us, but Anthony is finding it a bit difficult at the minute just because of the way the team is going, but his time will come and I think they will be two terrific players for this club.
"I knew him (Russell Martin) from my time at Wycombe and he went on to do great things with Peterborough."
On McNamee he added: "When he has the ball in a wide area he will be able to deliver it, which I think sometimes you need to have a different way of playing at certain times in certain games, and that is what he will give us, the speed and quality from the wide area."
Defender Russell Martin commented: "I'm absolutely delighted to have signed permanently. I've stated my desire to stay here permanently, as soon I saw the size of the club, the fanbase, the stadium and the facilities at the training ground.
- 1 Smith takeaways: Reading reflections, possession frustrations and Cantwell absence
- 2 'Take that and run' - City fans react to Reading point
- 3 ROYALS 1 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 4 Draw against 'talented' Norwich a sign of how far Reading have come - Ince
- 5 City skipper wants more after opening goal account
- 6 Gibbs is one of a kind in City midfield mix
- 7 Remember when Norwich City steamrolled Carlisle in 1971?
- 8 'Two of them were waiting in the tunnel' - Bellamy on life at Norwich
- 9 Bring the noise again - Deano urges City fans
- 10 Lucky 13 for City as Hanley latest to ease goalscoring burden
"Thankfully I've done enough to prove to Paul Lambert in the four weeks that I'm worthy of staying and I really enjoying playing for him as I think most of the lads do. We're really enjoying it at the minute and hopefully our success can continue and carry on with the form we're in and hopefully it will be a really successful season."
Although appearances have been limited so far for McNamee the winger said he was delighted to sign for the Canaries and stated his reasons for joining: "The simple fact of the facilities of the club, the size of the club and playing in front of 25,000," he said.
"It is just a case of being patient as the team is on form so it is hard to get into the team at the minute, but hopefully I can get in and play some games."