Norwich City sign Martin and McNamee
Russell Martin and Anthony McNamee have joined Norwich City on a permanent basis - both for undisclosed fees and on two-and-a-half year contracts. Both players joined the Canaries in emergency loan deals at the end of November - Martin making seven starts and McNamee two substitute appearances so far.
Russell Martin and Anthony McNamee have joined Norwich City on a permanent basis - both for undisclosed fees and on two-and-a-half year contracts.
Both players joined the Canaries in emergency loan deals at the end of November - Martin making seven starts and McNamee two substitute appearances so far.
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert told the club's official website he was delighted to bring the players to Carrow Road: "In Russell's case he's done great for us, but Anthony is finding it a bit difficult at the minute just because of the way the team is going, but his time will come and I think they will be two terrific players for this club.
"I knew him (Russell Martin) from my time at Wycombe and he went on to do great things with Peterborough."
You may also want to watch:
On McNamee he added: "When he has the ball in a wide area he will be able to deliver it, which I think sometimes you need to have a different way of playing at certain times in certain games, and that is what he will give us, the speed and quality from the wide area."
Defender Russell Martin commented: "I'm absolutely delighted to have signed permanently. I've stated my desire to stay here permanently, as soon I saw the size of the club, the fanbase, the stadium and the facilities at the training ground.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
"Thankfully I've done enough to prove to Paul Lambert in the four weeks that I'm worthy of staying and I really enjoying playing for him as I think most of the lads do. We're really enjoying it at the minute and hopefully our success can continue and carry on with the form we're in and hopefully it will be a really successful season."
Although appearances have been limited so far for McNamee the winger said he was delighted to sign for the Canaries and stated his reasons for joining: "The simple fact of the facilities of the club, the size of the club and playing in front of 25,000," he said.
"It is just a case of being patient as the team is on form so it is hard to get into the team at the minute, but hopefully I can get in and play some games."