Norwich City sign Stockport's Rose
Norwich City can confirm the signing of defender Michael Rose from Stockport County on loan until the end of the season after paperwork was completed this morning. Full-back Rose follows striker Oli Johnson in making the switch from the Hatters to Carrow Road this month.
Norwich City can confirm the signing of defender Michael Rose from Stockport County on loan until the end of the season after paperwork was completed this morning.
Full-back Rose follows striker Oli Johnson in making the switch from the Hatters to Carrow Road this month.
The 27-year-old began his career as a trainee at Manchester United but left in 2001 to join Conference side Chester City.
After a year with the Blues, he spent two seasons with Hereford United, losing in the Conference play-off semi-finals to Aldershot on penalties in 2003-04.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the shoot-out defeat, Rose stepped up to league football joining Yeovil Town. He played in all but six games as the Glovers won the League Two title in his first season at Huish Park.
In the summer of 2006, the free-kick specialist joined Stockport County, helping them to promotion to League One via the play-offs in 2007-08 beating Paul Lambert's Wycombe Wanderers in the semi-finals.
- 1 Farke on City set up changes
- 2 PRESSER: City v Liverpool - No fresh injuries; Cantwell set to miss out
- 3 Getting nasty and dressing room barnies - City old boy's relegation advice
- 4 Six things you may have missed from City's disheartening defeat to Watford
- 5 Farke opens up on the impact of booing City players
- 6 'I hate losing' - Normann's City debut left a nasty taste
- 7 What does Farke do now to kickstart City?
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Watford defeat
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: It is not City fans who need to believe
- 10 Sargent hopeful Pukki partnership can bear fruit for Canaries
Rose made 123 appearances for Stockport in all competitions in his three-and-a-half years with the Hatters, scoring nine times and turned in a man of the match performance earlier in the season in the 3-1 defeat to City at Edgeley Park.
In total the Salford-born defender has amassed over 300 appearances in all competitions, scoring 20 goals.