Norwich City sign Stockport's Rose
Norwich City can confirm the signing of defender Michael Rose from Stockport County on loan until the end of the season after paperwork was completed this morning. Full-back Rose follows striker Oli Johnson in making the switch from the Hatters to Carrow Road this month.
Norwich City can confirm the signing of defender Michael Rose from Stockport County on loan until the end of the season after paperwork was completed this morning.
Full-back Rose follows striker Oli Johnson in making the switch from the Hatters to Carrow Road this month.
The 27-year-old began his career as a trainee at Manchester United but left in 2001 to join Conference side Chester City.
After a year with the Blues, he spent two seasons with Hereford United, losing in the Conference play-off semi-finals to Aldershot on penalties in 2003-04.
Despite the shoot-out defeat, Rose stepped up to league football joining Yeovil Town. He played in all but six games as the Glovers won the League Two title in his first season at Huish Park.
In the summer of 2006, the free-kick specialist joined Stockport County, helping them to promotion to League One via the play-offs in 2007-08 beating Paul Lambert's Wycombe Wanderers in the semi-finals.
- 1 'It’s definitely something to build on' - Preston striker on trip to Norwich
- 2 Norwich City to change shirt sponsor for Preston clash
- 3 City duo nominated for monthly Championship awards
- 4 Chris Sutton: It's time to start giving Dean Smith more credit
- 5 Ian Clarke: Anniversary reminds me how being a Norwich fan is a real adventure
- 6 'Take that and run' - City fans react to Reading point
- 7 PRESSER: Norwich City v Preston - Cantwell back
- 8 Remember when Norwich City steamrolled Carlisle in 1971?
- 9 Smith takeaways: Reading reflections, possession frustrations and Cantwell absence
- 10 'Clap for Harry' planned for Norwich City game in boy's memory
Rose made 123 appearances for Stockport in all competitions in his three-and-a-half years with the Hatters, scoring nine times and turned in a man of the match performance earlier in the season in the 3-1 defeat to City at Edgeley Park.
In total the Salford-born defender has amassed over 300 appearances in all competitions, scoring 20 goals.