Norwich City sign Stockport's Rose
Norwich City can confirm the signing of defender Michael Rose from Stockport County on loan until the end of the season after paperwork was completed this morning. Full-back Rose follows striker Oli Johnson in making the switch from the Hatters to Carrow Road this month.
Norwich City can confirm the signing of defender Michael Rose from Stockport County on loan until the end of the season after paperwork was completed this morning.
Full-back Rose follows striker Oli Johnson in making the switch from the Hatters to Carrow Road this month.
The 27-year-old began his career as a trainee at Manchester United but left in 2001 to join Conference side Chester City.
After a year with the Blues, he spent two seasons with Hereford United, losing in the Conference play-off semi-finals to Aldershot on penalties in 2003-04.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the shoot-out defeat, Rose stepped up to league football joining Yeovil Town. He played in all but six games as the Glovers won the League Two title in his first season at Huish Park.
In the summer of 2006, the free-kick specialist joined Stockport County, helping them to promotion to League One via the play-offs in 2007-08 beating Paul Lambert's Wycombe Wanderers in the semi-finals.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
Rose made 123 appearances for Stockport in all competitions in his three-and-a-half years with the Hatters, scoring nine times and turned in a man of the match performance earlier in the season in the 3-1 defeat to City at Edgeley Park.
In total the Salford-born defender has amassed over 300 appearances in all competitions, scoring 20 goals.