Norwich City sign young American striker
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City have reportedly agreed a deal to sign young striker Sebastian Soto.
The 19-year-old American is currently on contract with Hannover.
His deal with the Bundesliga 2 side expires next month.
Soto will be loaned out by City next season, as the US Under-23 striker won’t initially qualify for a work permit in England, says the report, in Bild.
However, according to newspaper, Bild, Soto will have to be loaned out by City next season, as the United States Under-23 striker won’t initially qualify for a work permit in England.
You may also want to watch:
Soto began his youth career with San Diego Surf, before moving to the Real Salt Lake youth team in 2016. He joined Hannover 96’s youth academy in August 2018. He made his first team debut in the Bundesliga last April as a substitute in a 3-1 defeat at VfL Wolfsburg.
Soto was born in the USA to a Chilean father and a mother of Mexican descent, so is eligible to play for three countries at senior international level.
City were earlier this week linked with American brothers, Bayern Munich’s Taylor Booth and his younger brother Zach Booth.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book
- 10 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper