‘It CAN be done!’ - Belief restored for City fans after 1-0 win over Bournemouth
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
At the full-time whistle, Carrow Road became a cauldron of belief and after the game, Norwich City supporters took to social media to share their cautious optimism following the win.
Teemu Pukki's first-half penalty ensured City recorded their first home win since September and ended their nine game winless run.
Steve Cook and Ben Godfrey both received red cards, but City held onto secure the three points. The performance wasn't pretty, but ultimately it's points that City need in their quest for survival.
The Canaries football has been entertaining this season, but they've lacked a clinical edge in front of goal and have been frail defensively.
Even in this fixture, City had chances to put the game beyond any doubt, but a combination of poor finishing and Aaron Ramsdale prevented their victory from becoming more comfortable.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Farke's men have reduced the deficit to six points, with the victory taking them to within three points of 19th placed Bournemouth.
- Read the thoughts from the City faithful following the win
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland