‘Lucky to escape that with a point’ - City fans relieved after draw with Preston North End
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City may be unbeaten from their opening two games in the Championship season, but supporters will be hoping to see an improvement in performances as they push further into the season.
There were plenty of positives for the Canaries - Teemu Pukki opened his Championship account, Przemyslaw Placheta showed great determination to equalise after squandering a great opportunity and Daniel Farke’s men managed to score two goals in a league match for the first time in 2020.
But questions surrounding their defensive solidity remains - especially given how easy Ryan Ledson’s pass opened their defence for Darnell Fisher’s goal.
This is a group continuing to gel after a host of new additions over the summer break.
Alex Neil’s side posed a real physical test for the Canaries, they were relentless in their approach and dominated the game in the first-half. Their intensity dropped after the break, but the Lilywhites were deserving of a point.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 7 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims