‘Lucky to escape that with a point’ - City fans relieved after draw with Preston North End
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City may be unbeaten from their opening two games in the Championship season, but supporters will be hoping to see an improvement in performances as they push further into the season.
There were plenty of positives for the Canaries - Teemu Pukki opened his Championship account, Przemyslaw Placheta showed great determination to equalise after squandering a great opportunity and Daniel Farke’s men managed to score two goals in a league match for the first time in 2020.
But questions surrounding their defensive solidity remains - especially given how easy Ryan Ledson’s pass opened their defence for Darnell Fisher’s goal.
This is a group continuing to gel after a host of new additions over the summer break.
Alex Neil’s side posed a real physical test for the Canaries, they were relentless in their approach and dominated the game in the first-half. Their intensity dropped after the break, but the Lilywhites were deserving of a point.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis