City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City players and supporters painted social media yellow and green as they celebrated promotion back to the Premier League.
Despite a defeat to Bournemouth at Carrow Road, the players and staff took to the pitch to enjoy the moment.
Emi Buendia's early goal was impressive, but Dimitris Giannoulis' first-half red card titled the balance of the fixture, with Bournemouth allowed to assume control from there. As fireworks were left off outside the ground, the final whistle provided a moment for City's stars to celebrate.
Some fans congregated outside Carrow Road to join the celebrations, with City forced to celebrate behind closed doors due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Striker Jordan Hugill was seen kicking balls out of the stadium, Kenny McLean was celebrating in his pants and Ben Gibson was waving his crutches in the air. Those celebrations will undoubtedly continue into the night.
- Read the reaction to the promotion celebrations above and below
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 2 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 3 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 4 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 5 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 6 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 7 Pukki injury emphasises Norwich City’s need for another striker
- 8 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 9 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 10 'I can’t wait for the flags' - Krul really missing City fans