Norwich City star Chris Martin arrested
Dan Grimmer Norwich City star Chris Martin has been charged with common assault after he was arrested by police.
Norwich City star Chris Martin has been charged with common assault after he was arrested by police.
The Canaries striker was arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: “Following an incident in Wymondham in the early hours of Sunday morning a 21-year-old man from the Beccles area has been charged with common assault.
You may also want to watch:
“He will appear before Swaffham Magistrates Court on Tuesday, September 14.”
Norwich City posted a statement on their website which said: “NCFC have been made aware that Chris Martin was arrested, and subsequently charged, with common assault in the early hours of Sunday morning.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 10 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
“It would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage, and the matter is now in the hands of Chris's solicitors.”
The Beccles-born striker netted 23 goals for the Canaries last season, finishing second top scorer behind Grant Holt.