Norwich City star Chris Martin arrested
Dan Grimmer Norwich City star Chris Martin has been charged with common assault after he was arrested by police.
Norwich City star Chris Martin has been charged with common assault after he was arrested by police.
The Canaries striker was arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: “Following an incident in Wymondham in the early hours of Sunday morning a 21-year-old man from the Beccles area has been charged with common assault.
You may also want to watch:
“He will appear before Swaffham Magistrates Court on Tuesday, September 14.”
Norwich City posted a statement on their website which said: “NCFC have been made aware that Chris Martin was arrested, and subsequently charged, with common assault in the early hours of Sunday morning.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
“It would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage, and the matter is now in the hands of Chris's solicitors.”
The Beccles-born striker netted 23 goals for the Canaries last season, finishing second top scorer behind Grant Holt.