Norwich City star Chris Martin arrested
Dan Grimmer Norwich City star Chris Martin has been charged with common assault after he was arrested by police.
Norwich City star Chris Martin has been charged with common assault after he was arrested by police.
The Canaries striker was arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: “Following an incident in Wymondham in the early hours of Sunday morning a 21-year-old man from the Beccles area has been charged with common assault.
“He will appear before Swaffham Magistrates Court on Tuesday, September 14.”
Norwich City posted a statement on their website which said: “NCFC have been made aware that Chris Martin was arrested, and subsequently charged, with common assault in the early hours of Sunday morning.
- 1 On-loan City striker Soto switches Portugal for Scotland
- 2 Hanley urges City to up the ante
- 3 Injury scare for in-form City forward at Southend
- 4 City survival rival will improve under my old boss - Sutton
- 5 The prime Canaries content available to Pink Un+ subscribers
- 6 Zimbo returns as City U23s go second thanks to Kamara double
- 7 Put your questions to Canaries legend Chris Sutton
- 8 City striker frustrated but ready to battle if Baggies loan continues
- 9 Strange but rewarding return for Canaries midfielder
- 10 City loanee Onel proves a goalscoring talisman for Blues
“It would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage, and the matter is now in the hands of Chris's solicitors.”
The Beccles-born striker netted 23 goals for the Canaries last season, finishing second top scorer behind Grant Holt.