Canaries star nominated for PFA Championship Player of the Month
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The importance of Emi Buendia’s pending suspension for Norwich City has been emphasised by a nomination for the Professional Football Association’s Championship Player of the Month award for March.
Voting has opened this morning for the Bristol Street Motors PFA Fans’ Player of the Month for the Championship in March, with Argentine talent Buendia competing with five other players.
The 22-year-old scored three goals and set up another two as the Canaries won all five of their matches last month, to keep their automatic promotion push very much on track.
The former Getafe midfielder faces competition from Rotherham defender Semi Ajayi, Leeds duo Luke Ayling and Pablo Hernandez, Aston Villa ace John McGinn and Sheffield United centre-back Jack O’Connell.
City players have been nominated for the PFA monthly awards throughout the season, with Teemu Pukki winning the public vote for February and Mario Vrancic’s fine form winning him the January award.
You may also want to watch:
Buendia continued his fine form with a goal and two assists during the first game of April, helping Norwich thrash QPR 4-0 on Saturday, but also picked up a straight red card.
The creative talent is now facing a three-game ban, leaving head coach Daniel Farke without a player who has eight goals and 17 assists to his name from 38 games in all competitions.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
The PFA shortlist states: “A revelation in yellow and green, Buendia recorded the most key passes of anyone in the league in March.”
• You can vote for the award above or find out more by clicking here