Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira brushes off Wolves transfer link
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nelson Oliveira knows nothing about reported interest from Championship rivals Wolves - and insists he has put his Fulham spat with Daniel Farke behind him.
Oliveira apologised to Farke and his Norwich City team mates last week, after his frustrations at not starting the opening weekend game at Fulham boiled over in the manner of his goal celebration at Craven Cottage.
Farke left the 26-year-old out of his squad for the League Cup win over Swindon, and made it publicly clear there could be no repeat of Oliveira’s antics.
That fanned more speculation in recent days touting him with a potential Carrow Road exit, with Wolves again a possible destination following early summer reports Reading were tracking the forward.
Oliveira, however, speaking to Portuguese newspaper Record in an article published on Tuesday is in the dark over the Wolves link.
“I do not know about Wolverhampton’s possible interest, I admire Nuno Espirito Santo as coach and I even have friends at Wolves, but I’m happy at Norwich,” he said. “I’m totally adapted and I feel cherished at the club, my coach is great and he likes me.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no problem between us and we have a team to fight for the climb. What I did at the Fulham game was a mistake, I apologised and I am totally focused on Norwich.”
- 1 PRESSER: City v Watford - Sorensen and Lees-Melou winning fitness race; trio out
- 2 Impassioned Farke lays into City critics
- 3 'Scary' Hugill giving West Brom edge in the Championship
- 4 Pukki must adapt to the new post-Emi reality
- 5 Robin Sainty: Normann could solve City's weak points
- 6 TEAM NEWS LIVE: Five changes for City against Watford
- 7 City boss dismisses Hornets' hype
- 8 NCFC LIVE: Crunch clash as City host rivals Watford
- 9 David Freezer: City’s boss is immersed in a high-stakes poker game
- 10 'What a night' - City winger makes his Boro loan impact