Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira brushes off Wolves transfer link
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nelson Oliveira knows nothing about reported interest from Championship rivals Wolves - and insists he has put his Fulham spat with Daniel Farke behind him.
Oliveira apologised to Farke and his Norwich City team mates last week, after his frustrations at not starting the opening weekend game at Fulham boiled over in the manner of his goal celebration at Craven Cottage.
Farke left the 26-year-old out of his squad for the League Cup win over Swindon, and made it publicly clear there could be no repeat of Oliveira’s antics.
That fanned more speculation in recent days touting him with a potential Carrow Road exit, with Wolves again a possible destination following early summer reports Reading were tracking the forward.
Oliveira, however, speaking to Portuguese newspaper Record in an article published on Tuesday is in the dark over the Wolves link.
“I do not know about Wolverhampton’s possible interest, I admire Nuno Espirito Santo as coach and I even have friends at Wolves, but I’m happy at Norwich,” he said. “I’m totally adapted and I feel cherished at the club, my coach is great and he likes me.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no problem between us and we have a team to fight for the climb. What I did at the Fulham game was a mistake, I apologised and I am totally focused on Norwich.”
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries