‘A masterstroke’ - Canaries fans praise crucial substitution in City’s 1-0 win over Swansea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Substitutes have helped Norwich City this season and Bali Mumba’s introduction was the latest to ensure the Canaries recorded three points.
The 19-year-old replaced Jacob Sorensen at left-back and it was from his mazy run down the left that Marco Stiepermann curled his shot into the bottom corner via some nice touches from Emi Buendia.
Daniel Farke has been praised for his belief in young players but even few City supporters would have expected him to turn to Mumba and Josh Martin as the game continued to hang in the balance. It was a brave substitution, and the Canaries reaped the rewards.
City head into the international break third in table, with five wins from seven and seven games unbeaten in the Championship.
After the break, City travel to Middlesbrough hoping to conquer another side going well in the division under experienced boss Neil Warnock.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts from Norwich City supporters via social media following the victory
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion