‘A masterstroke’ - Canaries fans praise crucial substitution in City’s 1-0 win over Swansea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Substitutes have helped Norwich City this season and Bali Mumba’s introduction was the latest to ensure the Canaries recorded three points.
The 19-year-old replaced Jacob Sorensen at left-back and it was from his mazy run down the left that Marco Stiepermann curled his shot into the bottom corner via some nice touches from Emi Buendia.
Daniel Farke has been praised for his belief in young players but even few City supporters would have expected him to turn to Mumba and Josh Martin as the game continued to hang in the balance. It was a brave substitution, and the Canaries reaped the rewards.
City head into the international break third in table, with five wins from seven and seven games unbeaten in the Championship.
After the break, City travel to Middlesbrough hoping to conquer another side going well in the division under experienced boss Neil Warnock.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts from Norwich City supporters via social media following the victory
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 8 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return