Norwich City's title win in pictures
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The champagne was flowing, the banners were unfolded and Norwich City were crowned champions of the Championship.
This was a day to remember in NR1, after an arduous and tough campaign, Daniel Farke's side finally secured the title after weeks of waiting. Without doubt, they have been the outstanding team in the division this season.
Farke has become the first-ever City boss to win the title twice in the second tier, with City surpassing their points record at this level having moved onto 96. Victory on the final day would set a new club record of 30 wins in a single season.
A brace from Kieran Dowell, a stunning free-kick from Xavi Quintilla and Teemu Pukki pouncing on a poor backpass from Reading centre-back Tom Holmes saw City run out 4-1 winners at Carrow Road.
After the game, supporters joined the celebrations outside, with boss Farke and the first-team squad sharing the moment with those who came down to Carrow Road. The Canaries will lift the Championship trophy on the final day of the season against Barnsley.
- Enjoy some of the best pictures from City's title celebrations captured by our photographer Paul Chesterton
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 2 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 3 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 4 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 5 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 6 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 7 Pukki injury emphasises Norwich City’s need for another striker
- 8 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 9 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 10 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries