Norwich City top 10 appearances: Bill Lewis (34)
- Credit: Archant
34 Bill Lewis
256 appearances/1 goal
William Albert Lewis’ City appearances came in a five-year span, beginning in 1949 when he moved to Norfolk from Blackpool.
Born in West Ham, Lewis spent seven years as an amateur player with the Hammers before moving to the Lancashire coast in 1945. Four years later he left the Tangerines behind and headed to Carrow Road.
Lewis – one of a family of nine – was renowned as a left-back with a fearless approach to the game of football.
You may also want to watch:
He was also the owner of a rocket shot – although he scored only one goal during his time at City. His moment of glory came on September 11, 1954 when he scored at Northampton with a shot from fully 50 yards.
Lewis was definitely Mr Reliable – for four years in a row he played at least 40 league games.
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
After his playing career ended he became club coach and reserve team trainer.