Norwich City top 10 appearances: Bill Lewis (34)
- Credit: Archant
34 Bill Lewis
256 appearances/1 goal
William Albert Lewis’ City appearances came in a five-year span, beginning in 1949 when he moved to Norfolk from Blackpool.
Born in West Ham, Lewis spent seven years as an amateur player with the Hammers before moving to the Lancashire coast in 1945. Four years later he left the Tangerines behind and headed to Carrow Road.
Lewis – one of a family of nine – was renowned as a left-back with a fearless approach to the game of football.
You may also want to watch:
He was also the owner of a rocket shot – although he scored only one goal during his time at City. His moment of glory came on September 11, 1954 when he scored at Northampton with a shot from fully 50 yards.
Lewis was definitely Mr Reliable – for four years in a row he played at least 40 league games.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 9 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
After his playing career ended he became club coach and reserve team trainer.