Disappointment as Norwich City youngsters see Toulon Tournament campaign end with defeat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/phcimages.com
Norwich City youngsters Adam Idah and Simon Power saw their Toulon Tournament end in defeat in the third/fourth place play-off on Saturday.
Idah featured in the Republic of Ireland's 0-0 draw with Mexico but it was The Trricolor that took the victory, 4-3 on penalties. Power was an unused substitute.
Idah came on as a 78th minute substitute for Aaron Drinan but the 18-year-old couldn't find the breakthrough. He did at least score his penalty in the shoot-out but it was the Mexicans that prevailed.
Ireland's youngsters had seen their chances of winning the tournament ended in the semi-finals when Brazil Under-22s won 2-0 thanks to goals from Paulinho and Matheus Cunha.
Brazil went on to win the tournament on penalties against Japan after a 1-1 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Idah advanced his burgeoning reputation in the group stages when he scored two penalties in the 4-1 win over China.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top