Norwich City rumour mill: Canaries keen on Real Madrid midfielder
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City are reported to be interested in signing Real Madrid youngster Óscar Rodríguez.
The 21-year-old is reportedly up for sale this summer, according to radio station Onda Cero, but City would face competition from Premier League rivals Bournemouth.
Rodríguez has spent the season on loan at Leganés where he has scored seven goals in 28 appearances.
But Real are happy to sell – although any deal would include a buy-back option.
Onda Cero say the attacking midfielder is not “lacking suitors” – in Spain and further afield. Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Betis and Getafe as well as German side Shalke 04 are mentioned.
You may also want to watch:
But there would be a huge sticking point for City – the asking price, which is said be between 15m and 20m euros, which is well outsider City’s price range.
Rodríguez is reportedly keen to take a “step further” in his career and join a European team who can qualify for Europe – another sticking point for the Canaries.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 10 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich
Verdict: Interesting how Norwich’s name came up given the transfer fee and European ambitions make it a no-no. No harm in keeping an eye on him though.