Norwich City transfer rumours 2017: Sam Winnall a suggested target as Barnsley consider selling their out-of-contract striker with Championship promotion rivals Sheffield Wednesday also linked
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Striker Sam Winnall has been linked with a January switch to Norwich City, as Barnsley consider their options over the club’s leading goalscorer.
The 25-year-old forward is out of contract this summer, having scored 11 goals in 22 Championship appearances so far this season.
BBC Radio Sheffield’s Jonathan Buchan tweeted this afternoon that Winnall could move for as little as £500,000, with Norwich and their promotion rivals Sheffield Wednesday the potential suitors.
With Kyle Lafferty potentially out of contract at Carrow Road this summer, City will be in the market for more frontline options over the coming windows.
And with City boss Alex Neil having already admitted the Canaries need to sell players before he can buy, national football journalist Graeme Bailey has earmarked John Ruddy, Steven Naismith and Sebastien Bassong as players Norwich would like to offload.
You may also want to watch:
Both Naismith and Ruddy came relatively close to joining top-flight Sunderland on deadline day in the summer.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 4 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 5 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 6 Placheta must kick on at City
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Bushiri close to Eupen loan
- 8 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 9 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
- 10 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered