Norwich City transfer rumours 2017: Sam Winnall a suggested target as Barnsley consider selling their out-of-contract striker with Championship promotion rivals Sheffield Wednesday also linked
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Striker Sam Winnall has been linked with a January switch to Norwich City, as Barnsley consider their options over the club’s leading goalscorer.
The 25-year-old forward is out of contract this summer, having scored 11 goals in 22 Championship appearances so far this season.
BBC Radio Sheffield’s Jonathan Buchan tweeted this afternoon that Winnall could move for as little as £500,000, with Norwich and their promotion rivals Sheffield Wednesday the potential suitors.
With Kyle Lafferty potentially out of contract at Carrow Road this summer, City will be in the market for more frontline options over the coming windows.
And with City boss Alex Neil having already admitted the Canaries need to sell players before he can buy, national football journalist Graeme Bailey has earmarked John Ruddy, Steven Naismith and Sebastien Bassong as players Norwich would like to offload.
You may also want to watch:
Both Naismith and Ruddy came relatively close to joining top-flight Sunderland on deadline day in the summer.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims