Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal defender Krystian Bielik a loan target for Canaries
- Credit: PA
Arsenal defender Krystian Bielik is a reported loan target for Norwich City next season.
The Poland Under-21 international is interesting the Canaries as well as Championship rivals Derby County and Nottingham Forest, according to ESPN.
The 19-year-old spent the second half of the last campaign on loan at Birmingham City, starting eight of his 10 appearances.
Gianfranco Zola, since sacked as Birmingham boss, had wanted to take the centre-back on loan again next season.
“Obviously he is impressing,” the Italian told the Birmingham Mail. “He is a player that every time I have played him he is doing quite well and he is getting better and better. We will try.”
You may also want to watch:
The youngster was signed from Legia Warsaw as a 17-year-old in 2015 for a deal reportedly worth up to £2.4million and has made two senior appearances for Arsenal so far, both as a substitute in the EFL Cup.
Watch a video above of Bielik in action during Birmingham’s 0-0 home draw with Newcastle in the Championship in March.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
Meanwhile, the South London Press report that Preston North End are still keen to take Norwich goalkeeper Declan Rudd back to Deepdale, as Charlton accept they are not going to be able to re-sign the 26-year-old.
However, the Diss-born keeper recently had the one-year option activated in his Canaries contract and is expected to be in contention for the number one shirt at Carrow Road next season.
Rudd spent 18 months on loan at Preston previously and impressed, racking up 69 appearances when North End were in League One.