Cottagers turn sights away from City ace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Godfrey was a target for Fulham with the Premier League club understood to have held conversations with Norwich City about the availability of the defender.
The 22-year-old wasn’t the subject of any firm offer however, and it is understood Godfrey wouldn’t consider a move to Craven Cottage as being the next stage of his career.
Fulham have reportedly now moved onto former Canaries defender Ryan Bennett as they look to bolster their defensive options following a poor start to life in the Premier League.
The Press Assoication’s Nick Mashiter is reporting that Scott Parker’s men are considering a loan move for Bennett, who was linked with Norwich earlier during the window prior to Ben Gibson completing his move to Carrow Road.
Godfrey has played in all three Championship games since City’s relegation from the top-flight was confirmed despite persistent links to numerous clubs throughout the summer.
You may also want to watch:
One of those clubs, Everton, are reportedly weighing up making a substantial bid for Godfrey after he emerged as a top target for Carlo Ancelotti.
Football Insider have added to the Athletic’s David Ornstein’s report by stating the Toffees are readying an offer of ‘between £20m and £25m’ for the England Under-21 international after holding initial discussions with his representatives.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 8 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 9 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
Max Aarons has been mentioned as a possible target for Champions League winners Bayern Munich as Sergino Dest’s move to Barcelona edges closer to completion.
Former Barca sporting director Eric Abidal is expected to have led negotiations to attempt to lure Aarons to the Nou Camp - with Koeman preferring Dest after becoming boss of the Spanish giants.
Bayern have turned their attentions elsewhere after seemingly missing out on Dest - with the latest reports in Germany suggesting Brighton and Hove Albion right-back Tariq Lamptey is their desired target.
Sport 1 in Germany say that Aarons has been considered by Hansi Flick’s men but isn’t a top priority for them during this window.
Elsewhere, former Leeds United midfielder Noel Whelan has claimed that signing Bayern’s Michael Cuisance and Todd Cantwell would complete Marcelo Bielsa’s squad as they continue their mission to flourish in the top-flight.
“We need more strength in depth through that middle area and if we can get the Cuisance deal over the line, along with Cantwell and perhaps a winger on loan – that would complete the jigsaw,” Whelan told Football Insider.