Norwich City transfer rumours: Bolton winger could be the next young prospect to arrive
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City are reportedly trying to sign winger Dennis Politic from crisis club Bolton Wanderers.
The 19-year-old winger impressed during a loan spell with Salford last season, scoring twice in 11 games before a shoulder injury prevented him being a part of the club's play-off final promotion to League Two at Wembley.
The Sun's transfer expert Alan Nixon has posted on Twitter that City are going to "exploit" the financial struggles at Bolton, who were relegated to League One last season.
The Trotters have had to cancel pre-season friendlies and have been struggling to pay their players throughout this year.
Politic, originally from Romania, joined Bolton at under-15 level and was capped three times at U17 level by his country but hasn't been involved at first-team level yet for Bolton yet.
You may also want to watch:
He did sign his first professional contract during last season though and was involved recently as a squad of U18 and U23 players played against York City, wearing the captain's armband during the first half of that 1-0 friendly loss.
Norwich have been revamping their under-23 squad with young talent this summer and Bolton first-team coach Julian Danby praised Politic after that game.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
"Dennis is a talent," Darby told The Bolton News. "When he gets on the ball, things happen. We had about three or four shots in the first half (against York) and he had them all.
"The one, from the half-way line, was a great effort. He did that on loan at Salford last season and he has definitely got something about him."
Politic also claimed a Goal of the Month award while in the National League, after scoring a spectacular long-range effort from near the halfway line for Salford.
Darby added: "We have seen that all the way through since he came in at under-15s and 16s, he scored goals for the under-18s, scored them for the 23s when he was here, and he did for Salford in the Conference last year.
"I'm excited to see where he goes."
- You can watch that goal in the video above