Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries competing with QPR and Sheffield Wednesday for Norwegian striker Ohi Omoijuanfo
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwegian striker Ohi Omoijuanfo is a target for Norwich City and is available for around £2million.
That is according to The Sun, who claim the Canaries are competing with Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday and Queens Park Rangers for the man who is currently the top scorer in the Norwegian top flight.
The 23-year-old has scored 12 goals in 17 league games for mid-table side Stabaek and recently earned his first international cap.
Omoijuanfo has represented under-17, U19 and U21 levels and recently made his debut at senior level in a 1-1 friendly draw with Sweden in June, having been an unused substitute for a World Cup qualifier three days earlier, a 1-1 draw with the Czech Republic.
As the forward’s father is Nigerian, he can still represent the African nation until he plays in a competitive match for Norway.
You may also want to watch:
He came through the youth system at Lillestrom and played 91 games, scoring 10 goals, before starting 2015 with Finnish side Kuopion Palloseura and then scoring 17 goals in 33 games for Norwegian second tier club FK Jerv.
That earned him the move to Stabaek and he scored six goals in 34 games in 2016, although often featured as a substitute.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
The speedy striker, who stands at around 6ft 1ins tall, extended his contract until 2020 earlier this year though and has been the star man for his club in 2017.