Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in signing Northern Ireland international winger Stuart Dallas from Leeds
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Leeds winger Stuart Dallas is a target for Norwich City ahead of the summer transfer window closing, according to reports in Yorkshire.
The 26-year-old Northern Ireland international is in the final year of his contract at Elland Road and the Yorkshire Evening Post claim this has alerted the Canaries to a potential deal.
Dallas was signed from Brentford two years ago for a reported fee in the region of £1.3million and has scored nine goals in 89 appearances for City’s Championship rivals.
His profile was given a boost in June when he scored a vital late winner for his country in a World Cup qualifier in Azerbaijan and he has so far scored once in five games for Leeds this season.
The report states: “Norwich City are lining up a bid for Leeds United winger Stuart Dallas before the transfer window closes.
You may also want to watch:
“The Irishman is in the final year of his contract at Elland Road and has struggled to nail down a starting place over the past six months since returning from injury.”
Dallas won the Players’ Player of the Year award at the end of his first season with Leeds but a calf injury disrupted his start to the 2016/17 campaign.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
The Cookstown-born midfielder is an international team-mate of City’s reserve goalkeeper Michael McGovern and former Canaries striker Kyle Lafferty, who was released at the end of last season and now plays for Hearts in Scotland.
He has scored twice in 22 games for his country and has retained his place in Michael O’Neill’s squad for upcoming World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Czech Republic.