Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in signing Northern Ireland international winger Stuart Dallas from Leeds
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Leeds winger Stuart Dallas is a target for Norwich City ahead of the summer transfer window closing, according to reports in Yorkshire.
The 26-year-old Northern Ireland international is in the final year of his contract at Elland Road and the Yorkshire Evening Post claim this has alerted the Canaries to a potential deal.
Dallas was signed from Brentford two years ago for a reported fee in the region of £1.3million and has scored nine goals in 89 appearances for City’s Championship rivals.
His profile was given a boost in June when he scored a vital late winner for his country in a World Cup qualifier in Azerbaijan and he has so far scored once in five games for Leeds this season.
The report states: “Norwich City are lining up a bid for Leeds United winger Stuart Dallas before the transfer window closes.
You may also want to watch:
“The Irishman is in the final year of his contract at Elland Road and has struggled to nail down a starting place over the past six months since returning from injury.”
Dallas won the Players’ Player of the Year award at the end of his first season with Leeds but a calf injury disrupted his start to the 2016/17 campaign.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt
- 3 Gill recalls 'surreal' derby Day encounter
- 4 David Freezer: Perfect transfer strategy key to City's self-funded survival model
- 5 City ace left out of Euro 2020 opener
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 7 Former City coach explains why he joined Ipswich Town
- 8 A-Z: Time for a clear-out at Burnley?
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 10 Losing start for Hanley in Scotland's 2-0 defeat to the Czech Republic
The Cookstown-born midfielder is an international team-mate of City’s reserve goalkeeper Michael McGovern and former Canaries striker Kyle Lafferty, who was released at the end of last season and now plays for Hearts in Scotland.
He has scored twice in 22 games for his country and has retained his place in Michael O’Neill’s squad for upcoming World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Czech Republic.