Norwich City transfer rumour: City interested in AC Milan midfielder
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City are monitoring the progress of AC Milan midfielder Tommaso Pobega, according to reports in Italy.
Pobega is currently on-loan at Serie B side Pordenone, where he has made an impressive start to life for his loan club, scoring three goals in eight matches.
That form is said to have led to interest from City who are supposedly keen to bring the 20 year-old to Carrow Road. Messaggero Veneto, the Italian newspaper, is touting Pobega with a move to Norfolk.
The Canaries aren't alone in their reported interest in Pobega with Serie A clubs Atalanta and Hellas Verona also reportedly tracking the central midfielder.
Pordenone have an option to make Pobega's move permanent by paying €2.2 million to the Milan-based club at the end of the season. Although, according to reports, Milan are reportedly attempting to block that clause after Pobega's impressive performances this season.
You may also want to watch:
A product of the AC Milan academy, Pobega enjoyed a loan spell at Serie C side Ternana and has stepped up a division with great aplomb.
His form has seen him called up to the Italian Under 20 side but he is yet to play a senior game for AC Milan.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
VERDICT: With City's array of central midfield options, this could be one to watch with a view to the future.
In the summer, Alex Tettey will be out of contract and Ibrahim Amadou's option of a permanent deal may not be exercised depending on the division the Canaries find themselves in.
If AC Milan do prevent Pordenone from activating the clause, then that may open the door for City to swoop in and recruit another young talent. Given his pedigree, he certainly ticks plenty of boxes.
The recruitment policy at the club sees the recruitment analysts flag players with impressive statistics in markets where they can find value so Pobega could be one they have looked at with a view to potentially signing.