Norwich City transfer rumours: Robbie Brady linked with January return to the Premier League under Sam Allardyce at Crystal Palace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s Republic of Ireland international Robbie Brady has been linked with a January return to the Premier League – and with becoming one of the first signings for new Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce.
According to national reports, Allardyce has earmarked strengthening the left-side of his Eagles squad – with Brady said to be high on the wish list of the former England boss.
A left-back is the speculated priority but with Wilfried Zaha due to be on duty for Ivory Coast in next month’s Africa Cup of Nations, Brady’s ability to play higher up the pitch could make him even more tempting.
Brady joined City from Hull for a protracted £7m move in the summer of 2015, as an Alex Neil upgrade on Bradley Johnson following Premier League promotion.
He also impressed for Republic of Ireland during this summer’s European Championships in France, but after speculation linking the 24-year-old with a top-flight return following the Canaries’ relegation – plus a reported £20m price tag – Brady had to settle for helping Norwich battle out of the Championship.
You may also want to watch:
With City’s promotion hopes now in disarray, the future of Brady and some of his City team-mates may be up for discussion once again, as the January transfer window opens next week.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression