Norwich City transfer rumours: Robbie Brady linked with January return to the Premier League under Sam Allardyce at Crystal Palace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s Republic of Ireland international Robbie Brady has been linked with a January return to the Premier League – and with becoming one of the first signings for new Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce.
According to national reports, Allardyce has earmarked strengthening the left-side of his Eagles squad – with Brady said to be high on the wish list of the former England boss.
A left-back is the speculated priority but with Wilfried Zaha due to be on duty for Ivory Coast in next month’s Africa Cup of Nations, Brady’s ability to play higher up the pitch could make him even more tempting.
Brady joined City from Hull for a protracted £7m move in the summer of 2015, as an Alex Neil upgrade on Bradley Johnson following Premier League promotion.
He also impressed for Republic of Ireland during this summer’s European Championships in France, but after speculation linking the 24-year-old with a top-flight return following the Canaries’ relegation – plus a reported £20m price tag – Brady had to settle for helping Norwich battle out of the Championship.
You may also want to watch:
With City’s promotion hopes now in disarray, the future of Brady and some of his City team-mates may be up for discussion once again, as the January transfer window opens next week.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 7 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 8 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 9 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 10 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw