Norwich City trio named in PFA Championship Team of the Season
- Credit: Andrew Fosker/BPI/REX/Shuttersto
There’s more award success for Norwich City players, after a trio of the leaders’ players were voted into the PFA Team of the Season by their Championship counterparts.
Top scorer Teemu Pukki and full-backs Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons have all been included in the Professional Footballers’ Association Championship Team of the Season, which is voted for by players from across the division.
The trio were all named in the Sky Bet Championship Team of the Season at the EFL Awards earlier this month as well, when Pukki was named Championship Player of the Season and Aarons the EFL Young Player of the Season.
The latest award success comes with the Canaries on the verge of sealing promotion, needing just one point from their final two games to seal a place in the Premier League.
That’s due to Leeds losing their last two games and sitting six points adrift with six points left to play for, leaving the Whites in need of a big goal difference swing even if they do close that gap.
You may also want to watch:
Pukki has scored 28 goals this season and is on course to win the Championship golden boot, with just two players having scored more goals in a single season in City’s history.
Lewis, 21, made the breakthrough with the Canaries last season and has continued to progress with Norwich City and Northern Ireland, making 49 appearances in all competitions for club and country.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
Fellow academy product Aarons, 19, has emerged as a key player for Daniel Farke this season, with three goals and six assists to his name from 41 games at right-back.
He has also won seven England U19 caps and is reportedly being tracked by Premier League giants including Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham.
PFA Championship Team of the Season for 2018-19: Darren Randolph (Middlesbrough); MAX AARONS (NORWICH), Liam Cooper (Leeds), Pontus Jansson (Leeds), JAMAL LEWIS (NORWICH); Pablo Hernandez (Leeds), Oliver Norwood (Sheff Utd), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa); Billy Sharp (Sheff Utd), Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa, on loan from Chelsea), TEEMU PUKKI (NORWICH)